Pokemon Go doesn’t work? You cannot login? GPS signal not found? In this article we will shed light on the most common problems with Pokemon Go on both Android and iOS and ways to fix them.
July 2016 will forever enter the books of history as a month when the world was widely conquered by Pokemon Go release. However the joy of the game for many players is slightly marred by numerous problems and shortcomings: server shutdowns, inability to log in to Pokemon Go, inability to register in Pokemon Go trainers club, GPS signal issues, battery discharge issues with Pokemon Go, etc.
HiTech Service team has compiled a list of the most frequent problems with Pokemon Go game, as well as solutions to them. If you cannot solve you problem after reading this article, do not hesitate to contact us via website chat our contact form – we will definitely think of something to help you out!
1. Unable to authenticate
Some players have reported that they cannot login using Pokemon trainers club accounts. Thus many people worry that their accounts are banned, however often the problem is related to unstable Pokemon Go servers. First thing to do is to check Pokemon Go servers status. If oficial site confirms the problems with the servers then the best solution is to wait a bit and try entering a game later, or use your google account to login to the game. Google accounts are reported to have less problems when used to login to Pokemon Go. Note: that simultaneous use of both Google and Pokemon Go Trainer Club accounts may result in the loss of progress data in Pokemon Go Trainer Club.
2. Cannot download Pokemon Go
- If you cannot download Pokemon Go, make sure that your device meets system requirements for Pokemon Go, and that Pokemon Go is available in your country
- Some Android phone models and firmwares do not allow the installation of Pokemon Go due to certain restrictions. Currently the game is supported on Android 4.4 – Android 6.0.1. The game is not available on Android N, and on all devices using Intel chips.
- The game doesn’t work on some iPhones and iPads. Currently game is available on iPhone 5 and later, with iOS 8 and later. If you are using an iPad that uses only Wi-Fi for data, you will not be able to play, since device will not detect satellites (GPS will not work as intended).
- Jailbroken iPhones and iPads will not work. You will not be able to play Pokemon Go on these devices
3. Pokemon Go message: App not installed
Some users face ‘’App not installed’’ message on Androids. In most cases this is due to the fact that apk installer was not downloaded correctly or is damaged. This message will also appear if your device does not meet the requirements for Pokemon Go. It is recommended to download Pokemon Go from official sources: Play Market of AppStore. Otherwise you risk to download some crapware on your device and may be banned from the game.
4. Sound distortions
Pokemon Go does have some sound playback difficulties. If you notice that sounds are distorted or played back with a delay – do not worry, there is nothing wrong with your device. In fact this problem is confirmed by developers and they are working on a fix. Most frequently this problem occurs when device is connected to a bluetooth speaker and alike.
5. ‘’You already own this item’’ error
This problem is unique to Android users only. If you are purchasing PokeCoins from the store and lose your internet connection in the meantime, you will get an error message ‘’You already own this item’’. This problem is easily fixed. All that is needed is for you to restart your device. Developers are aware of this issue and are already working on a fix.
6. Inaccurate GPS location
Sometimes GPS location is inaccurate. This is a known problem and developers are working on a fix. However, these problems are also device specific. GPS location also depends on satellite signal strength. To minimize this effect make sure that GPS services are turned on, as well as ‘’high-accuracy mode’’ is on in the settings of your device.
7. ‘’This item is not available in your country’’ error message
If you are sure that game is released in your country and your device meets the requirements for Pokemon Go but you still receive this error message, then you need to check your Google wallet settings. Make sure that correct address and country is provided. If problem persists then developers recommend to contact Google Play representatives.
8. Pokemon Trainer Club progress is lost or is not saved
This problem occurs when you are using several accounts simultaneously (both Google and Pokemon Trainer Club). You should always use only one account to login and play.
9. ‘’Cannot detect device orientation’’ when switching to landscape mode
Android – your device doesn’t have gyroscope. Landscape mode will not function.
iOS – Landscape mode is not supported in iOS 10 beta 2. This will be fixed.
10. Battery dies quickly when playing Pokemon Go.
You must be aware that Pokemon Go is constantly using GPS for location. No wonder that you phone battery is quickly discharged. However it is also true that game is not properly optimized, thus battery drains even quicker. It is recommended to use a powerbank to sustain high battery drain and stay online longer. And while we are all waiting for developers to optimize the game, here’s a to-do list to ensure that your battery lasts a little longer:
- Lower screen brightness
- Turn off AR
- Turn off sounds
- Turn off Bluetooth and Wifi
- Try any battery saver modes if available
Hopefully this helps in sorting your problem with Pokemon Go. If you face a different issue not yet described in this article, feel free to contact us via website chat or contact form, in search for help from us! And stay safe while playing Pokemon Go!
- Posted by Author
- On July 26, 2016
- 0 Comments