On Tuesday, December 8th 2015, Apple released an update for iPhone<, iPad and iPod Touch that takes us to 9.2 in version. Update includes improvements to Apple News and Apple music, as well as bug fixes and stability enhancements to OS.
Here is a list of improvements offered with this update:
- ability to create a new playlist when adding a song to a playlist.
- most recently changed playlist is now listed at the top when adding songs to playlists.
- download albums or playlists from your iCloud Music Library by tapping the iCloud download button.
- see which songs have been downloaded with the new download indicator next to each song in My Music and Playlists.
- see works, composers and performers while browsing Classical music in the Apple Music catalog.
- new Top Stories section in News featuring most important news of the day (available in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia).
- Mail Drop in Mail for sending very large attachments.
- iBooks now supports 3D Touch to peek and pop pages from the table of contents, your notes and bookmarks
- iBooks now supports listening to an audiobook while you browse your library, read other books, or explore the iBooks Store.
- iPhone support for the USB Camera Adapter to import photos and videos.
- improved stability of Safari.
- improved stability of Podcasts.
- fixed issue with mail access for some POP3 accounts
- resolving an issue for some users that caused attachments to over-lap text in Mail.
- fixing an issue where Live Photos could have turned off after restoring from a previous iCloud backup.
- addressing an issue that could cause search in Contacts to display no results.
- fixing an issue that could have prevented Calendar from displaying all seven days in week view.
- fixing an issue where Camera screen on iPad could be black when attempting to capture video.
- fixing issue that could cause instability in the Activity app when viewing the day of Daylight Saving Time transition.
- fixing an issue that could prevent data from appearing in Health.
- fixing an issue that could prevent Wallet updates and Lock screen alerts from displaying.
- addressing an issue where updating iOS could prevent an alarm from going off.
- fixing an issue where some users were unable to login to Find my iPhone.
- fixing an issue that prevented some manual iCloud Backups from completing.
- addressing an issue where using the iPad keyboard could unintentionally trigger text selection mode.
- improved keyboard responsiveness when using Quick Reply.
- improved punctuation input on the 10-key Chinese (Pinyin & Stroke) keyboards with new expanded view of punctuation symbols and better predictions.
- fixing an issue on Cyrillic keyboards where caps lock would be enabled when typing in URL or email fields.
- accessibility improvements:
- Fixing issues with VoiceOver when using Camera face detection.
- Adding support for VoiceOver to wake up the screen.
- Adding support for VoiceOver to invoke app switcher with 3D Touch gesture.
- Fixing an issue with Guided Access when trying to end phone calls.
- Improved functionality for Switch Control users when using 3D Touch.
- Fixing an issue with speech rate of Speak Screen.
- siri support for Arabic (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates).
To update your iPhone, simply go to Settings – General – Software Update.
The only issue with new OS 9.2 Update that I have found so far is that previous Apple playlist I used to have on the phone simply return no songs. Which is actually an issue… and a big one.
- Posted by Author
- On December 9, 2015
- 0 Comments